AC-M3000 is a Network Access Controller specially designed for wired and wireless network in small to medium size businesses. It integrates network management and secures data transmission to ensure a mobile and efficient working environment.
System administrators can effectively monitor wired or wireless users, either employees or guests via AC-M3000/M1000's user management interface. Moreover, administrators can discover, configure, monitor, and upgrade all manageable access points (EW-7206APg) from a single, centralized AP management interface. AC-M3000/M1000 allows administrators to regulate wired and wireless network systems efficiently and protect the network.
- VPN secured network technology
- Snigle login account roaming among various APs
- Centralized AP management
- Role-based and Policy-based access control
- Multiple authentication methods
- Fail-over on dual WAN ports
- Per-user bandwidth management
- Record of per-user network traffic history
- On-demand, instant guest account management
Simplified LAN Deployment and Management Platform
•Easily integrates with the existing network infrastructure.
•Friendly interface for centralized management platform; no need for IT outsourcing.
•High efficiency, high flexibility, and low equipment cost.
•Best solution to manage both wireless and wired network.
Powerful Network Security Capabilities
•Advanced IPSec VPN encryption to enhance the security of wired and wireless data transmission.
•Data packets filtering through built-in firewall
•Diverse user authentication management platforms, including NT, LDAP, RADIUS, POP3, and Local Database.
Comprehensive Network User Management Platform
• Support various authentication platforms.
• Manage various types of users via policy-based control approach.
• Provide detailed per-user network traffic history log for analysis and record keeping.
• Manage user accounts in policy-oriented manner, including bandwidth, account valid time, route, authentication, and firewall settings.
• Per-user bandwidth limit enables flexible traffic control to prevent P2P download.
• Manage on-demand user accounts according to different conditions with billing, including valid time, bandwidth usage, number of packet transferred
Centralized Access Point (EW-7206APg) Management
• Centralized control and automatic AP discovery.
• Manage and monitor of APs via the management interface, including APs' system settings, online status, enabling, disabling, reset, and firmware upgrade
• Periodically monitor APs and force problematic APs to reset
Target Deployments – SMB Data Network
•Supports Router, NAT mode
•Supports Static IP, DHCP, PPPoE on WAN interface.
•Chooses freely which LAN Port is authentication-enabled. (Default 4 controlled ports)
•Contains built-in DHCP server and support DHCP relay.
(a) IP/Port Destination Redirection
(b) DMZ Server Mapping
(c) Virtual Server Mapping
(d) H.323 Pass-Through
•Support sstatic routing
•Supports SMTP redirection
•Supports Walled Garden (free surfing zone)
•Supports MAC Address Pass-Through
•Supports HTTP Proxy
•Contains built-in hardware-based VPN accelerator.
•Supports data encryption: WEP(64/128-bit), WPA, WPA2, IPSec VPN.
•Supports various authentication methods: WPA-PSK, WPA2- PSK,
•IEEE 802.1x (EAP-MD5, EAP-TLS, CHAP, PEAP).
•Provides VPN termination of IPSec tunnels to enhance wireless security.
•Supports VPN pass-through (IPSec and PPTP).
•Supports DoS attack protection
•Supports MAC Access Control List
•Supports user Black List
•Allows MAC address and user identity binding for local user authentication
•Supports IEEE 802.11b/g AP (EW-7206APg).
•Provides centralized management via HTTP/SNMP interface.
•Discovers APs automatically.
•Adds and deletes APs directly from the device list.
•Enables or disables APs easily via management interface.
•Provides MAC Access Control List for each AP.
•Maintains configuration profiles of APs via local terminal.
•Upgrades and restores AP firmware via one single management interface.
•Monitors AP system status and associated client stations.
•Recovers APs automatically when the system fails.
•Provides alarms and warnings of AP system status when necessary.
•Detects third-party APs via Monitor IP feature.
Monitoring and Reporting
•Monitors online users' status.
•Monitors network devices by IPs.
•Alerts WAN connection failure.
•Supports Syslog for diagnosing and troubleshooting.
•Provides user network traffic history.
•Supports multiple authentication methods simultaneously, including Local and On-demand accounts, POP3(S), LDAP, RADIUS, and NT Domain.
•Provides Role-based and Policy-based access control, such as per-role assignments on Firewall policies, Routing, Login Schedule, and Bandwidth.
•Provides user session management:
(a) SSL protected login portal page.
(b) Choice for multiple logins with one single account.
(c) Session idle timer.
(d) Account expiration control.
(e) Notification e-mail with a hyperlink to login portal page.
(f) Windows domain transparent login.
(g) Configurable login time frame.
Accounting and Billing
•Supports RADIUS accounting and RADIUS VSA (Vendor Specific Attribute).
•Contains built-in billing profiles for on-demand accounts.
•Provides session expiration control for on-demand accounts.
•Provides billing report on screen for on-demand accounts
•Provides detailed per-user network traffic history for both local and on-demand user accounts.
•Supports automatic e-mail to report network traffic history.
•Supports multilingual and web-based management user interface.
•Provides customizable login and logout portal page.
•Provides SSH remote management.
•Upgrades firmware remotely.
•Provides NTP time synchronization function.
•Supports console management interface.
•Provides backup and restore configuration.